Sunday 20 September 2015

Supergirl Review

With the new superheroine TV Show Supergirl due to start later this year, I decided to give my quick review on the original movie from the early 1980s .

Now when it comes to movies, there are obviously going to be movies that a lot of people like that I don't and movies that a lot of people don't like that I do. Supergirl is one of the latter.

Supergirl is nowhere near one of the best comic book movies ever made, and while it has a lot of cheesy and cartoonish moments, I still find myself enjoying it whenever I watch it for one reason or another. Helen Slater as Kara Zor-El (aka Supergirl) is by far the best part of the movie, with her charm and gracefulness as Supergirl helping me to get more invested in the movie than I would have otherwise. Faye Donaway is very over the top as villain Selena, but thankfully not as certain other comic book villains have been since (Mr Freeze anyone?). The romance storyline with Supergirl and Ethan is pretty forgettable as Ethan is incredibly underdeveloped and someone of the special effects are really dated now, but thanks to Helen Slater, I find Supergirl to be a more enjoyable film than it would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment